Monday, October 22, 2012

Wreaths, Wreaths Everywhere!

Well, we are getting more and more excited about the upcoming season and have been coming up with a crazy amount of ideas. In thinking about what would be the perfect accessory for Christmas one thing always comes to mind, wreaths! This week I made so many I was literally seeing circles!  The ideas for them always come from the craziest places and one idea always leads to another, and then another, and then another. 

While walking the aisles of one of my favorite stores I spotted a wooden puzzle. After purchasing it I put it together, soaked it in water to remove the paper image and then stamped it with my favorite designs. It was then taken apart and individually glued onto a hand cut wooden circle, all 1000 pieces. Another wreath was made by folding the pages from antique hymn books (saved from a church demolition) into circle fans and then glueing them onto a wreath form. 

 Many wreaths are in keeping with our natural feel and were made using all kinds of dried materials (I love the international aisle of my grocery store, so much inspiration!)  Searching for pinecones has also become a new hobby and you never know what you are going to find out in the woods. 


 In any case, enjoy looking at these one of a kind pieces and they will all be available for purchase on our etsy shop soon!


















No comments:

Post a Comment